25 November 2020
Well, face masks are well and truly a part of the look du jour for 2020. Single use face masks, reusable face masks… we’ve seen them all!
Talking about seeing, without the benefit of being able to read people’s facial expressions, we’re now having to rely on eye contact more than ever. So, why not make your eyes your new favourite feature?
With only our eyes on show, many of us are reaching for mascara more often than we might usually, or even experimenting with bold new liner and shadow techniques.
Whether you want a natural eye that holds its own during a video call, or something more daring to let your personality shine through, we’ve got everything you need in Makeup With A Mask: Eye Edition.
If you’ve been waiting for the chance to channel your inner Sophia Loren, now is your moment. Whether you opt for an eyeliner pencil, brush, kohl or gel, unleash fierce, feline eyes with a simple flick! Here is a round up of some of the most lust worthy eye pencils, liners and eye brightening pick me ups we have within our allbeauty makeup vault.
1. A no-sharpen eyeliner that contains Rosehip oil, Bisabolol and Vitamin E, Sisley Phyto-Khol Star Waterproof eyeliner in Sparkling Black glides on effortlessly without tugging the delicate skin around your eyes. A hint of glitter adds “wow” factor.
2. Decadent gold packaging with frosted glass will always add a luxe touch to your dresser, but the Guerlain Eyeliner in Noir Ebene also promises a liner look straight from the silver screen. This liquid liner acts like a calligraphy tool and is one of the most defined, precise applications for that perfect cat eye look. You can bet it features on our team wishlist.
3. The Laura Mercier Longwear Pencil is one of those eyeliners we all need in our cosmetics toolkit. Long-lasting, easy to apply and waterproof, it’s a great all-rounder for daily wear.
4. New from benefit, Eye Beam is the perfect crease-proof highlighter that gives you a dewy glow. Use the light, gel formula on browbones, cheekbones and anywhere else you want a touch of shimmer.
5. If stress is starting to show on your face, nip it in the bud with IMAGE Skincare Iluma Intense Brightening Eye Crème. Applied morning and night, you can say goodbye to dark circles, puffiness and dull skin.
6. Laura Mercier’s Face Illuminator is perfect for brightening the skin around your eyes, making you appear more awake and youthful. We’ve picked Devotion for the purposes of this feature, but there are lots of different shades available!
It’s been said that eyes are the window to the soul.
Has this statement ever been more true, now that our eyes are the only features that can be seen whilst wearing masks and fabric face coverings?
And if eyes are the window to the soul, then your eyelashes could definitely be considered the frame of your gorgeous eye canvas. From natural lashes to falsies, we love them all, but want to make sure that they are always looking their best.
1. Multi-award winning cult favourite, benefit BADgal Bang Mascara features a slim wand that allows you to create buildable layers to suit your mood. You’ll notice the impact with just one coat – perfect for a big look without eyelash extensions, people!
2. Sometimes the tried and tested products are worth sticking with. Such as this Classic Eyelash Curler from Tweezerman. Lift, curl and body, here we come. Also, Rose. Gold. Need we say more?
3. Gold award winner in the Beauty Bible Awards, Guerlain has outdone itself with this chic volumising mascara Guerlain Cils D’Enfer So Volume Intense Mascara 01 Noir.
4. We also love the Guerlain Mad Eyes Mascara from Guerlain which comes in sleek blush packaging and is described as being resistant to humidity – and that includes tears. With outstanding and buildable volume, this mascara provides up to 24 hours of wear.
Be inspired by the renaissance with warm coral tones, or recreate The Starry Night with Laura Mercier’s Azure Eye Caviar Stick. Wherever your artistic imagination takes you, these colourful eyeshadows are all you need.
1. Straight from the House of Givenchy, the Givenchy Prisme Quatuor in No 3 Inattendue consists of four velvety smooth shadows in this season’s hottest colours. Wear individually or combine to create a dramatic eye look, worthy of a high fashion editorial. Vogue, we are ready for our close up.
2. With nine gorgeous shades in both matte and shimmer, Huda Beauty’s Coral Obsessions Palette is highly pigmented and effortlessly blendable. Jam Packed full of bold, warm colours, this is an ideal (and compact) palette for creating looks that are both sophisticated and playful. This is a colour story we will never get bored of!
3. Long-wearing and crease-resistant, the handy NARS Duo Eyeshadow makes your early morning makeup application as easy as 1, 2… that’s it! The duo of complimentary colours come in a range of stunning shades, but our favourite for AW20 is the copper tones of Surabaya.
THE SHADOW STICK
4. Convenient and versatile with up to 12-hour wear, the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick makes applying eye makeup a dream. Available in a wide range of colours, we love Azure, a luscious blue reminiscent of summer days spent in Santorini.
Eyes worthy of Elizabeth Taylor’s Cleopatra, are coming at ya.
Tidy, full brows give your face symmetry and structure; a must when half your face is hiding under layers of fabric. Thankfully, creating luscious, natural eyebrows needn’t take too much time or effort – and our friends at benefit cosmetics have everything you need to create brows that truly wow!
1. We love the Microfilling Pen from benefit, which was an exciting new launch for 2020. With 3 ultra-fine lines, it couldn’t be easier to bring depth and thickness to your existing brows. With four shades, you’re sure to find your perfect match.
2. If you’ve ever wanted to experiment with different brow techniques but didn’t know where to start, benefit’s Brow-Raising Lineup! is for you! Containing three of the most popular brow products in miniature, you can try the Goof Proof Brow Pencil, ka-BROW! Cream-Gel and Gimme Brow+ Volumising Fibre Gel.
TAKE IT ALL OFF
Once you’re done styling out your look for the day, don’t forget to take it all off!
1. Those with sensitive eyes, look no further than Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml, which is perfect for removing heavy or waterproof makeup. The gentle formulation of this product is one of the reasons it is one of our bestsellers! This also won a Best Beauty award from Stylist in 2017 – and taking care of your skin never goes out of style.
2. Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips is another one of our makeup removal bestsellers. Opthamologist tested, it is suitable for contact lens wearers and effortlessly sweeps stubborn makeup away. It is gentle, thorough and comes with some great reviews, having been rated as scoring over 4.9 out of 5 by allbeauty customers!
Feeling inspired? We can’t wait to see your eye looks! Tag us in your favourite eye + mask combos over on Instagram – @allbeautyhq