Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.Unlimited startup mentorship for $60/mo
How GrowthMentor works?
Browse through our list of +200 mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a startup funding expert?
If you can build and grow your startup without external funding, then kudos! Keep up the great work!
But for many startups, the reality is that growth isn’t possible without first raising a round of external funding.
- Maybe your startup is super CAPEX intensive?
- Maybe you’ve just validated your MVP and taking the next step will require hiring a team of expensive backend developers?
- Maybe you’ve just hit product-market fit and are ready to invest heavily in growth marketing since you really don’t want to lose your first-mover advantage
- Or maybe you’re growing so ridiculously fast that you need the extra money to scale your hosting bill?
Whatever the reason, sometimes you need that cold hard cash to survive (and thrive).
When there’s equity and big money on the line, just remember to tread with caution.
Talk things through with experts that have years of experience dealing with startup funding issues first hand.
Common Use Cases足立梨花吉祥寺足立梨花吉祥寺,仲村星虹的视频仲村星虹的视频
If you’re a solo founder it can get pretty lonely without someone to bounce ideas off of. Not anymore when you have access to friendly growth mentors!
Looking for funding takes a lot of concentration and time. Consequently, your ability to focus on your core business suffers. And when you’re at an early stage, you need to be on your A game.
Having someone that can challenge your assumptions will help you develop your ideas. This is key in evaluating your business idea and more importantly to build a foundation that makes going from concept to action more feasible.
If you’re simply not sure what to do next then why not get a second opinion?
If you’re a non-technical founder, talking to a startup mentor with a strong technical background can help save you a boatload of money and time.
The first acquisition channel we recommend bootstrapped startups experiment with is almost always outbound sales.
Frequently asked questions
There’s no faster way to ruin friendships than feuding over startup equity.
Being slopping with equity splits is usually the first major mistake most startup founders make. Equity nightmares can be avoided by using equity split calculators and frameworks.
Talk through co-founder equity split scenarios with growth mentors that have years of experience with term sheets.
Getting feedback on how you’re structuring the talking points of your pitch is incredibly valuable, especially if you’ve never pitched to investors before.
Get feedback on your pitch, including structure, content, design, storytelling, and messaging to investors
Even experienced startuppers can benefit by rehearsing their pitch to battle-hardened startup funding mentors.
Many of the mentors on the platform are active investors and can tell you exactly what they like hearing when they are being pitched.
Got an offer on paper?
It’s an amazing feeling, but don’t let the euphoria of the moment cloud your judgment.
Talk through the details of your funding vehicle (e.g. convertible notes / SAFEs etc.) with an unbiased VC and get the 3rd party feedback you need to confidently put your signature on the dotted line.
We have a very detailed filter system for you to sort the mentors. Filters like areas of expertise, tools, language, price and industry.
Members can also post a help request and have mentors apply to help if they feel they are a good fit.
Then the third option is to just ask us! Give it a try right now and ask us on live chat 🙂
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Yup! Many of the mentors offer monthly coaching packages for members who want to really dive deep into a specific area.
Each mentor creates their own package so what they offer and the price vary from mentor to mentor. You can find their coaching info at the top of their profile.
Join the GrowthMentor Community
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Ability to post help requests
- Opt in for 1:1 monthly coaching packages
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Membership to private Slack Community
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions